Magpul has made its name in producing some of the finest AR-15 magazines and accessories on the market. From a humble beginning with the original [easyazon_link identifier=”B004P87BQO” locale=”US” tag=”bluesheecom-20″]Magpul[/easyazon_link], to the industry powerhouse it is today, Magpul is a company that has always focused on its mission, while tailoring their products towards their strengths. The end result are masterful products to fulfill those goals, and make the shooter’s life easier and more functional.
On July 1st Magpul announced the release of their iPhone 6 Bump Case. For those not familiar with the Magpul bump cases, they are a hard polymer casing, tailor-fitted to particular cell phones, providing protection to the often fragile construction of cell phones from the drops and bumps of everyday use. I was able to pick up a Magpul Bump Case for the iPhone 4, and my wife snatched it up. She found the protection was more than enough for her own drops, and the careless handling of four rambunctious boys.
Now some of you are probably wondering how a cell phone cover has anything to do with quality firearms or law enforcement products. The fact is we live in the digital age. In addition to in-car cameras, body cams, and mobile data terminals, the modern law enforcement officer is at a distinct disadvantage without a quality digital smart phone to carry out their daily duties.
Everything from searching the internet to learn what an unknown pill is, to messaging a supervisor on details at a scene, the smart phone is as much a part of a modern cop’s duty belt as their pistol, handcuffs, and radio. The [easyazon_link identifier=”B004ZLYBQ4″ locale=”US” tag=”bluesheecom-20″]Apple iPhone[/easyazon_link] has been one of the most popular smart phones on the market.
The Magpul iPhone 6 Bump Case features two-material construction combining a hard protective shell with an inner shock absorbing layer. The Bump Case is designed with low profile [easyazon_link identifier=”B00NS0P1F8″ locale=”US” tag=”bluesheecom-20″]PMAG[/easyazon_link]®-style side ribs to increase grip, and a single-piece snap-on design for easy installation and removal. The [easyazon_link identifier=”B00H39FJ7U” locale=”US” tag=”bluesheecom-20″]Magpul Bump Case[/easyazon_link] provides the benefits of a hard polymer shell and semi-rigid liner, without adding unnecessary bulk. The Bump Case covers the back and all sides of the cell phone, while leaving the face of the phone open for easy and uninterrupted finger manipulation of smart phone features. There is a raised lip on the face side to protect the screen if the phone is laid down face down.
Bump Case Features
- Compatible with standard iPhone 6
- Two-material rigid-shell construction protects against minor bumps, drops, and abrasions
- Compact design adds minimal bulk to the phone
- Textured surface and PMAG®-style ribs for added grip yet allows for snag-free removal from pockets
- Raised lip protects screen when laid face down yet remains unobtrusive
- Charging cable port, headphone jack, and ringer/silent switch are accessible with case installed
- Colors – Black, FDE, Stealth Gray, OD Green, Orange, Dark Blue, Red, Teal, Pink
- MSRP – $26.95.
Available Magpul Bump and Field Cases
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00NQGOODE” locale=”US” tag=”bluesheecom-20″]iPhone 6 Plus[/easyazon_link]
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 5/5s
- iPhone 4/4s
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00IZ1XVAC” locale=”US” tag=”bluesheecom-20″]Galaxy S5[/easyazon_link]
- Galaxy S4
- Galaxy S3
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00GC1JU1Q” locale=”US” tag=”bluesheecom-20″]Nexus 5[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00TRYYBFK” locale=”US” tag=”bluesheecom-20″]iPad Air[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00GRACUXM” locale=”US” tag=”bluesheecom-20″]iPad Mini[/easyazon_link].
Like all Magpul products, the iPhone 6 Bump Case is designed and manufactured in the good ole U.S.A.!