Tactical Electronics is one of the primary manufacturers of the optical solutions needed by today’s tactical (SWAT) and explosive ordnance disposal (EOD) teams. From extended pole cameras to fiber optic scopes to under the door micro cameras, Tactical Electronics is developing solutions for just about every application. Tactical Electronics has just announced the release of their new HHIT Flex camera. This new hand-held surveillance camera, provides (5) different flexible camera necks to meet the tactical needs of law enforcement SWAT or EOD teams.
The compact HHIT Flex camera is an excellent example of the mission specific optics solution provided by Tactical Electronics. Designed for those times that up close and personal is the only option, the HHIT Flex camera offers the operators a stealthy means of gaining intelligence, while remaining behind available cover.
My SWAT Team uses the Tactical Electronics pole camera and under-door camera and have been very impressed with the quality and intelligence these devices can provide. The pole camera can extend to nearly 20 feet, and is flexible enough to navigate stairwells. Even if the “target” sees the camera, it is a very intimidating confrontation as the “target” knows that they can be seen. Just like placing light on a dark corner, the Tactical Electronics cameras can corner an adversary and really provide a game changer.
The Tactical Electronics HHIT Flex camera is not a simple spying scope. Instead, the HHIT Flex camera offers real-time video and recording, and has the ability to transmit those images to other team members and the Command Post simultaneously. This type of real-time intelligence can provide the entire team with critical decision-making power.
Tactical Electronics HHIT Flex Camera Features:
- (5) Interchangeable camera necks – 10″, 18″, 24″, 36″, and none
- Low light camera
- SD card video recording
- Snapshot capability
- EOD specific tool adaptability for 18″, 24″, and 36″ camera necks
- 8mm probe attached to 72″ rope camera also available
- Markings every 1.0″ on the flex necks
- Wireless connection up to (4) Tactical Electronics monitors
- Integrated tri-pod mount
There is a great potential of the HHIT Flex camera for use in modern tactical and EOD teams. The compact and lightweight design enables any team member to carry the device with ease. The simplicity of operation avoids specialized training or assignment, and the adjustable lengths of flex camera necks provides teams options from doorways, basement windows, to elevated positions.
With the ability to transmit real-time video to (4) different monitors, the intelligence provided can allow all team assets to be on the same page for action movements. Command can see critical details of an operation and coordinate with other assets to provide a best-option mission plan. In addition, the response teams can coordinate with each other’s movements to provide appropriate distractions, simultaneous movements, better movements to threats, and avoidance of officer-on-officer shooting dangers.
The HHIT Flex has the ability to be remote mounted on a tripod, so all team members can be ready to respond. At the same time, the compact size of the HHIT Flex allows the unit to be moved from threat location to threat location providing discreet intelligence at nearly every unknown or hot spot encountered. This is especially true with the optional attachments that can grab, cut, or pierce barriers or objects.
Tactical Electronics HHIT Flex Camera Specifications:
- Main Body Length – 7.42″
- Main Body Width – 2.73″
- Main Body Height – 1.99″
- Working Channel Neck Width – 0.52″
- Rope Camera Dimensions – 72″ x 0.315″
- Power Supply – (3) CR123 batteries
- Run Time – 2.5 hours
- Material – Black Acetal (Delrin); Hard-Anodized 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Frequency Range – 2.414 to 2.468 Ghz (4 channel system)
- Transmission Distance – Up to 300′; line-of-sight
- Monitors – Wrist mounted; handheld; heads-up display; monocular micro viewer
- Monitor Options – Wrist mounted Pro; handheld Pro
- Camera Sensor Type – Super-HAD CCD
- Camera Resolution – 400 TV lines; 600 TV lines for main body unit
- Field of View – 60º rope camera; 70º extended necks; 90º main body
- Storage Media – 16GB SDHC card included
- Recording Capacity – 16 hours
- Options – Grabber, cutter, piercer, external LED light source
- MSRP – Must contact to get quote.